https://ija.ie/wp-content/uploads/JLTI-Speech-Contest-2022.jpg 1186 843 ija https://ija.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/IJA_logo_RGB_low_res_WEB.gif ija2022-02-25 11:00:532022-03-07 13:14:51JLTI Language Contest 2022 | Applications Open
JLTI Language Contest 2022 | Applications Open
IMPORTANT: Application deadline has been extended until Monday, 14th March 2022!
The Japanese Language Contest 2022 is open for entries.
This year’s theme is ‘Time for Fun’, contest will take place online, and you can send entries in the form of speech or Japanese language soundtrack videos which demonstrate a fun outlook.
The entries will be evaluated on a variety of criteria such as language level and expression, creativity and performance, and the prizes will reward a range of different styles, abilities and effort. The judging panel will take into account the language background and learning experience of the entrants which will be documented through their application forms.
Applications are accepted in 2 categories:
- Secondary School Category A & B (A: TY＆ 5th year, B: 6th year) – individuals
- Video clip of a self-introduction speech
- One individual speaker should be clearly shown making their speech on screen.
- No use of special props or items, other speaker or background noise or music etc is permitted.
- Duration is 1 – 5 minutes
- Open Category – individuals or groups
- It can be individual or group production
- Open format; (i.e.) speech, conversation, skit, drama, song, poetry, show & tell, presentation or animation
- There must be a soundtrack in Japanese voiced by the entrant(s)
- If entrants are not shown speaking on screen, then a separate short video must be provided with the application form which clearly shows the entrant(s) giving their names and speaking the lines. This video will not be evaluated for judging purposes.
- Duration is 2 – 7 minutes
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
- Participants must not be Japanese native speakers
- Participants must be residents of Ireland.
- Secondary School Category: This category is open to individual entrants of Secondary School age only.
- Open Category: Participants cannot have lived in Japan for longer than 5 years in total. This category is open to entrants of all ages.
- Neither participants themselves nor their immediate family members may be members of the JLTI.
- Only one entry per category per person, regardless of whether individual or part of a group.
- Participants should submit the application form including their YouTube video link and consent form(s) by the deadline.
- A signed consent form must be provided for each member of any team entries for the Open Category.
- For individual entries, the file names for the YouTube Videos and Consent Form should include the name of the entrant. The group name should be included in the file names for group entry videos and group member consent forms.
- Applications will be accepted until March 7th.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, 7 MARCH 2022.
Results will be announced by the end of March.
The winners will be added to our website and winning entries will be showcased on social media.
For information, application forms and guidelines, please visit JLTI website: https://jlti.org/jp/speech/
Contest is hosted by Japanese Language Teachers of Ireland (JLTI) and The Embassy of Japan in Ireland. Supported by the Japan Foundation. Sponsor: PPLI.