Our members range from Irish and Japanese people and businesses in Ireland, with one common interest – Japan. Each member is exposed to different aspects of Japanese culture; literature, music, films, cuisine, business, arts, language and education in Ireland.
Why join the IJA?
- To attend and participate in the many interesting cultural, social, and educational events held throughout the year
- To become part of an active Japan/Ireland Business & Cultural Community Network in Ireland
- To expand your knowledge and interest in Japan – Business, Culture, Arts, Academic, Film, and Language
- To keep your connection with Japan alive
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP (Including JET Alumni (ExJETs), Teachers & Students)
Individual Membership is open to individuals who have an interest in meeting and keeping up to date with Japan and Ireland related cultural and social issues in Ireland.
- You will receive invitations to cultural, education and business events to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- You will have opportunities to improve your knowledge on Japan – business, culture, arts, academic, film, language and so on.
- You will have access to exclusive networking opportunities with Irish/Japanese community in Ireland.
- You will have opportunities to participate in active work of the IJA through events and the Council.
- You will keep up to date with Japan related news throughout the year.
- You will become a part of supportive community of like-minded individuals and professionals.
Annual Membership Fee:
- €60 a year for individual or family members
- €30 a year for JET Alumni (ExJETs), Teachers and Students (3rd level education only, must be 18+ and a Student Card number must be provided at the time of registration).
Personal and loyal relationships are the basis of all business in Japan. The IJA creates a forum for Irish and Japanese business people to interact and develop relationships in both business and social environs.
Attendance at various social and business events will allow your company and staff learn more about doing business in Japan, and indeed for Japanese executives to meet like minded fellow business people who all have the same common interest – Japan and Ireland.
Networking Opportunities: Connect with like-minded professionals, industry leaders, and potential partners during our networking events, seminars, and business forums.
Market Insights: Gain valuable insights into the Japanese market and business environment through our informative sessions, workshops, and access to market research.
Promotion and Visibility: Showcase your company’s products and services to a broader audience through our marketing channels and events, enhancing your brand visibility in both Ireland and Japan.
Cultural Exchange: Participate in cultural events and exchange programs to foster a deeper understanding between Irish and Japanese communities, facilitating smoother business interactions.
Our Corporate Membership has 2 categories: Corporate members and Patron members.
Annual Membership Fee:
- €600 a year for Corporate Members
- €2,500 a year for Patron Members
*IJA has a calendar year based annual membership from January to December.