We are excited to have teamed up with our friends – RetroVino Wine & Sake and Yamamori Restaurant Group, and would like to invite you to an exclusive Japanese sake tasting experience ‘Sake Tasting Night’ on Thursday, 29th April.
Explore the origins of sake and join us for a guided sake tasting and discussions from the comfort of your home!
This event is open exclusively to the IJA members only.
Date: Thursday, 29th April 2021
Time: 7.30 PM
Free shipping: Include the discount code: IJA for free shipping in the Greater Dublin area.
* Ticket sales will close on Tuesday, 27th April. Please purchase your ticket before this date in order to receive your sake samples before the online event.
* Ticket includes free delivery of 6 Japanese sake samples (70ml – 100ml each) before the event within the Greater Dublin area only. At this time deliveries outside the Greater Dublin area are not available.
* This event is open exclusively to the IJA members only.
* Limited number of tickets available.
Sake, more commonly in Japan known as nihonshu, is one of the most popular Japanese drinks worldwide. Sake comes in a range of flavours and can be enjoyed in various temperatures and ways. Join this event and allow our guest speakers Colin and Graham to introduce you to the origins and history of sake, explore the wide variety of sake types and learn about its production. You also will have a unique opportunity to participate in guided sake tasting from the comfort of your home. Followed by Q&A session. Moderator: Eddie Hughes, IJA.
Your ticket includes a free delivery of 6 sake samples (70ml-100ml each) that you will receive before the event:
*Please note that free delivery is available in Greater Dublin area only.
* Hatsumago “Kimoto Tradition”, Honjozo – 100ml
* Kikumasamune Junmai “Koujo”, Junmai – 100ml
* Kikusui Junmai Ginjo, Junmai Ginjo – 100ml
* Rihaku “Dreamy Clouds”, Junmai Nigori – 100ml
* Dassai 45, Junmai Daiginjo – 100ml
* Fukuju “Plum Sake”, Plum Sake – 70ml
* Colin Murray, RetroVino Wine & Sake – Sake evangelist, importer and lover of all things Japan.
* Graham Ryan, Yamamori – Managing Director, Yamamori Restaurant Group
* Eddie Hughes, IJA – A former Director of Japan for the Irish Government’s Trade Development Agency Enterprise Ireland based in Tokyo. He is a long time sake enthusiast and continues to develop his awareness and love of the deep fascinating world of Japanese sake.
RetroVino Wine & Sake
Retrosake is the little brother of RetroVino. Established in 2014, RetroSake is Ireland’s first and only dedicated premium sake importer, supplying artisanal sake which is brought across the high seas in temperature controlled vessels to ensure optimal freshness and quality.
Yamamori Restaurant Group
Opened in 1995, the award-winning, family-run restaurant group has three restaurants and three bars in Dublin city centre each offering their own unique style of Japanese dining. Yamamori sources the best quality food ingredients in Ireland and directly from Japan, including variety of Japanese craft sake, craft beer and whiskey.
*Drink responsibly and enjoy alcohol in moderation at all times. 18+ only.