- This event has passed.
IJA AGM 2021
24th March 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
IJA General Meeting
The IJA has received a proposal to amend the Paragraph 10 (Election Procedure) of the IJA Constitution regarding the duration of both Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson holding of their positions. Proposed amendment:
‘7. Both the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson shall be elected by the Annual General Meeting and shall hold office for a one year period and may be re-elected but may not hold the same office for more than three consecutive years.’
As per Paragraph 13 of the IJA Constitution, A General Meeting of the Association, other than an Annual General Meeting, may be convened by giving to the members fourteen days notice of such meeting and specifying the purpose, time and venue during which a resolution will be put to the vote.
The IJA proposes that the IJA General Meeting takes place on Wednesday, 24th March 2021 at 3 p.m. – before the start of the IJA AGM 2021.
IJA Council 2021 Elections
We are pleased to announce that there were 17 nominations received for the IJA Council 2021 elections this year. Voting will take place on ElectionBuddy platform online from Thursday, 11th March – Thursday, 18th March 2021.
Each member will receive an email with a unique access key which can only be used to vote once, and your voting choices will remain anonymous. You will be able to cast your vote to elect your preferred nominee among candidates representing Corporate and Individual members (Ordinary Council members). Please do NOT share this link with anyone as it is a specific link JUST FOR YOU!
- You can vote in the IJA Council 2021 election if you are a paid-up IJA Individual or Corporate member.
- Council attendance sheet (April 2020 – March 2021) – please see here!
- Paragraph 10 of the IJA Constitution notes that every member shall have one vote:
- Corporate members shall vote by one representative, therefore the voting link will be sent only to one person within the company (usually the company representative who made the membership application).
- Family membership holders shall be restricted to one vote per family.